After the homepage, the structure of internal pages is the most important point when it comes to institutional sites. Each information block within the frame is treated as section and each of them is allocated within a useful area that depends exclusively on the size of the viewport used.
In the case of mobile access, the internal pages hardly possess the same structure as a desktop version, since the screen size used to access that is significantly smaller, and consequently the display area as well. Thus, the need to tailor content to that condition ends overlapping any other. Content is the focus of internal pages, then it should be prioritized, always, its correct display.
The content of the internal pages of a corporate site must be displayed completely, regardless of the access device. Considering this factor, when working the mobile version, it is important to pay attention to some points:
- The HTML content must always reconfigured to the mobile version;
- If the text of the desktop version is very extensive, it should be thought about a specific text to the mobile version;
- When creating a specific text to the mobile version, important information should be preserved. The approach changes, the focus does not;
- It is important to pay attention to the images used throughout the text, which must be treated using a size in percentage;
- The use of bold in the mobile version is of great importance as it helps to highlight text points facilitating the reading;
- It is important to consider the scroll bar on the mobile version as a kind of scale of importance. What is most important should always be displayed above it.
It is common that some institutional sites use sections as advertising space for their products and services, but on the mobile version this item needs to be reconfigured. By using a smaller viewport, the trend is that the text disputes space with those blocks, and with it, the display of information on both will be compromised.
In cases where advertising sections are essential, we need to rethink how those spaces will interact with the content. The blocks can be used in a linear way along the texts.
The ideal scenario for advertising spaces on internal pages on the mobile version is to use adapted images. Some features such as Flash, for example, may not work, thus compromising the usability of the page in general .
The mix of content and images is a challenge when developing internal pages to mobile version – so the ideal scenario in these cases is always thinking about the whole rather than the elements in isolation. The blend of these two elements ensures then a more interactive page and above all functional for the user.
Check out more content on our blog!
Learn all about Scriptcase.
You might also like…