Autocomplete using capture: used on Scriptcase when you want to type some part of the word and Scriptcase will complete the word with the database options for that field, it is commonly used on Search type of applications or registration forms.
CHECK the example running at THIS LINK
Autocomplete using capture
On this sample it will be shown two useful resources, the AJAX autocomplete function and the capture link
Creating a form application
1. Create a new form based on the orders table
2. Click on Fields Positioning.
3. Select the fields OrderID, CustomerID, OrderDate, RequiredDate e ShippedDate.
Editing the form’s fields
4.Open the Fields folder and click on the CustomerID field.
5. Change the Data Type attribute to Text Autocomplete .
6. Access the tab Edition Lookup in the CustomerID field and enter the instructions below for the SQL Select Statement:
SELECT CustomerID, CompanyName
ORDER BY CustomerID
7. Enable the options Show label with the description and Capture Text. On Label enter Search.
8. Click on the button “Run application”.
Do you want to see more Scriptcase’s samples? Click HERE to visit our samples page.
Visit our blog and check out more content!
What is Scriptcase?
Develop web applications in a few easy steps, including data queries, summaries, graphs, and pivot tables, editable forms and grids, calendars with Google Calendar integration, dynamic menus, PDF and XLS reports, dashboards, security module including user management and social login.
Personalize your applications with ready-made and editable themes, in addition to fonts with Google Fonts, Vector Icon Library with FontAwesome and dynamic notifications with SweetAlert2. Run Example →
Collaborative development: teams of all sizes have already turned millions of ideas into real applications in more than 50 languages.