Those looking for a free database, pretty mature and intelligent now have a great option in the market, the Firebird. He is now considered one of the best options in materials database free and is maintained by a group of developers and the very foundation Firebird. Today we know a little more about its history and what the main advantages in using them.
Firebird is derived from Borland InterBase source code 6.0, has open source and therefore can be modified by any programmer. The technology used by Firebird has more than 20 years and it ends up being a very positive point with respect to its use since thanks to that issues such as security and stability easily end up being completed. Currently Firebird has four variations server, as follows:
Each of these versions has a number of peculiarities, one facing every situation and need. Therefore, it is important to get all the requirements that the application must be chosen so that the best version. The choice of release needs to be well thought out because each level has a different hardware requirement being that the Embedded version is that demand more processing on behalf of all its resources.
The advantages of the Firebird are due to resources and mainly because all are available for free, check out some of the features of Firebird below:
- Stored Procedures and Triggers
- ACID compliant transactions
- Referential Integrity
- Multi Generational Architecture
- Language for Stored Procedures and Triggers (PSQL)
- Support for External Functions (UDFs)
- Version Embedded DBMS – perfect for creating catalogs on CDROM, applications “demo” or standalone
- Careful writes – fast recovery, requiring the use of transaction log
- Various forms of access to the database: native / API, dbExpress, ODBC, OLEDB,. Net provider, native JDBC type 4, Python module, PHP, Perl, etc.
- Native support for all major operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Solaris, MacOS
- Incremental Backups
- 64bits builds available
- Total control cursors in PSQL
- Monitoring Tables
- Connection and Transaction Triggers
- Temporary tables
Regardless of the size of the application, the Firebird can be a great option if the need is greatest cut costs on the project. You can also use the Firebird in applications developed with ScriptCase, go now to page Firebird and PHP and know how to start your project in ScriptCase using this fantastic bench.
I hope you enjoyed these tips. Follow our blog and stay on top of all the news.
You might also like…